Dataman55

A compendium of great sites, a bit of humor, and some intriguing information. Dataman is surfing the web, so you don't have to. I don't ask you to agree with what you read here. These are just my opinions. I could be wrong. This site is only meant to provoke thought and conversation. Feel free to send me your favorite articles and sites to share. (Tell your friends. Let's spread some knowledge)

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Think Outside the Bottle


"Bottled water corporations are changing the very way people think about water. Corporations like Coke, Nestlé and Pepsi are manufacturing demand for an essential resource that flows directly from our taps. What's more many bottled water brands actually come from the same source as public tap water though these brands are sold back to the public at thousands of times the cost.

Plastic bottles also require massive amounts of fossil fuels to manufacture and transport. Billions of these bottles wind up in landfills every year."


OK. I'm no longer an enviro-nut hippie (really Dave?). But this is a cause I might try to learn more about. It just drives me nuts to see the waste that lurks behind bottled water. What do you think? Before you ask, I have no interest in a petition, a march, or anything of the sort. I just might re-think my use of water in bottles. It is convenient, but at a cost.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Today's Day By Day Cartoon