Dataman55

A compendium of great sites, a bit of humor, and some intriguing information. Dataman is surfing the web, so you don't have to. I don't ask you to agree with what you read here. These are just my opinions. I could be wrong. This site is only meant to provoke thought and conversation. Feel free to send me your favorite articles and sites to share. (Tell your friends. Let's spread some knowledge)

Friday, January 13, 2006

Why I'm skipping the Oscars this year


"I have absolutely zero desire to watch the Oscars. In recent years, lack of quality from Hollywood has turned the Academy Awards into a special-interest-group get-together. If you're crazy, gay, have a disability or are a member of a minority race, you'll likely be nominated for an Oscar; if your film tackles a "deep social issue" (normally an issue dear to the hearts of Hollywood's liberal glitterati), you'll have an excellent shot at grabbing a gold statuette. "

I have to agree with much of what the author of this article says. I'll probably tune in anyway, I'm a sucker for the glitz and the fashion victims.

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/benshapiro/2006/01/13/182213.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Today's Day By Day Cartoon