Dataman55

A compendium of great sites, a bit of humor, and some intriguing information. Dataman is surfing the web, so you don't have to. I don't ask you to agree with what you read here. These are just my opinions. I could be wrong. This site is only meant to provoke thought and conversation. Feel free to send me your favorite articles and sites to share. (Tell your friends. Let's spread some knowledge)

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Nikon to stop making film cameras

"Nikon, the Japanese camera maker, said Thursday that it would stop making most of its film cameras and lenses in order to focus on digital cameras.
The company, based in Tokyo, is the latest to join an industrywide shift toward digital photography, which has exploded in popularity. Rivals like Kodak and Canon have already shifted most of their camera production into digital products."

It is the end of an era. Welcome to the 21st Century! While I hate to see the end of film, I have to admit that the digital era is bigger, better, faster, and cheaper. This has repercussions for people in the film industry, including my neighbors in nearby Rochester, but time marches on.

http://news.com.com/Nikon+to+stop+making+most+film+cameras/2100-1041_3-6026281.html?tag=nefd.top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Today's Day By Day Cartoon