Dataman55

A compendium of great sites, a bit of humor, and some intriguing information. Dataman is surfing the web, so you don't have to. I don't ask you to agree with what you read here. These are just my opinions. I could be wrong. This site is only meant to provoke thought and conversation. Feel free to send me your favorite articles and sites to share. (Tell your friends. Let's spread some knowledge)

Friday, November 10, 2006

Buddy, can you spare a Terabyte?

At the recent Gartner IT Symposium I heard someone ask, "How long will it be before we start seeing people with 1 Terabyte of storage in their home? 1 Tb is 1,000 Gigabytes or 1 Million Megabytes. If I add up all of the machines we use at home, I get something like 650 Gigabytes. Here is an ad for a sweet little unit that has 1 Tb. It comes in just over $500. It wasn't that long ago that I was paying $100,000 for the same storage. Granted, that was enterprise class hardware, but is still an enormous decrease in cost per Gb.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2484230&Sku=I21-6102

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Today's Day By Day Cartoon