Dataman55

A compendium of great sites, a bit of humor, and some intriguing information. Dataman is surfing the web, so you don't have to. I don't ask you to agree with what you read here. These are just my opinions. I could be wrong. This site is only meant to provoke thought and conversation. Feel free to send me your favorite articles and sites to share. (Tell your friends. Let's spread some knowledge)

Friday, September 08, 2006

Stop Badware


Their motto is Regaining Control of our Computers

The site is dedicated to heightening awareness of Badware, their term for malware. Malware is any program that puts software on your PC without your permission, changes system settings without your permission, or has a defective removal program (or no removal program) that leaves software on the system after normal attempts to remove it. The most current report on the site recommends against loading the latest version of AOL ware. It has lots of reasons why you would want to avoid the software. I can't think of any good reason to use AOL anyway, but I know some people who can't seem to live without AIM.

http://www.stopbadware.org/

1 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! Was that comment about me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Today's Day By Day Cartoon