Dataman55

A compendium of great sites, a bit of humor, and some intriguing information. Dataman is surfing the web, so you don't have to. I don't ask you to agree with what you read here. These are just my opinions. I could be wrong. This site is only meant to provoke thought and conversation. Feel free to send me your favorite articles and sites to share. (Tell your friends. Let's spread some knowledge)

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ladder Golf



I have been asked many times to provide plans for building a ladder golf game. It is also called Goofy Golf, Hillbilly golf, of Dutch Golf (I'm not sure why this would be true?!).

You can buy it at Dick's for about $65 (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2217335&cp=&f=Brand%2F14306%2F&kw=Dennco&parentPage=search&searchId=10620233304) , or you can build it yourself for about $10. You decide. I suppose you could make your own Croquet set too, but some people would prefer to own a more refined setup.

I built mine myself. I keep it in a bag from one of those folding canvas lawn chairs.

Here is a set of plans online.

http://www.daltonlp.com/scouts/PVC%20golf%20game%20plans.pdf

Here is a brief description of the game (including some rules) from Wikipedia. If you aren't familiar with Wikipedia, you should be. It is a public, open source, encyclopedia. Anyone can write or update the articles. Some of the information may be incorrect, especially the political articles, but overall it is a very good source of general information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladder_Golf

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Today's Day By Day Cartoon