Dataman55

A compendium of great sites, a bit of humor, and some intriguing information. Dataman is surfing the web, so you don't have to. I don't ask you to agree with what you read here. These are just my opinions. I could be wrong. This site is only meant to provoke thought and conversation. Feel free to send me your favorite articles and sites to share. (Tell your friends. Let's spread some knowledge)

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Future Teacher Blog

Here is an interesting blog about education. It is written by a very interesting lady. Her blog is called Weekly Scheiss. My German is a bit rusty, but I think this might be something rude. Here is an excerpt from one of her entries:

A house with no books is not a home.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the children who grow up in households wherein there are no books or music, are generally the kids who end up in the slow class at school. There are exceptions, of course, but I haven't seen very many. I was always happy to see the exceptions, but I was also really surprised.

It wasn't always the poor families who raised their children in houses that had no books or music, either. Often they were families who just didn't like books or music. They'd rather watch TV or go to the races. Families who love and respect books and music will get books and music into the house one way or another. I would do anything for those families.

And sometimes, kids from these families would come to school hungering for something and not knowing what. And once finally finding it, were transformed. I loved that. I lived for that.


http://weeklyscheiss.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Today's Day By Day Cartoon