Dataman55

A compendium of great sites, a bit of humor, and some intriguing information. Dataman is surfing the web, so you don't have to. I don't ask you to agree with what you read here. These are just my opinions. I could be wrong. This site is only meant to provoke thought and conversation. Feel free to send me your favorite articles and sites to share. (Tell your friends. Let's spread some knowledge)

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Christmas Mondegreens

Here is a great site. It combines a nice definition of Mondegreens and some great christmas examples. For those of you who don't know, mondegreens are misheard lyrics. My favorite example is, instead of Jimi Hendrix saying "scuse me while I kiss the.com sky" in Purple Haze, some people hear him sing, "scuse me while I kiss this guy". Quite a difference!

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/humor/mondegreens.asp

There is another great mondegreen site at :

www.kissthisguy.com

While you are on the site, you will find that Snopes.com. This is the site to verify or discredit Urban Legends. It's lots of fun. It's also very useful when someone sends you a breathless e-mail warning you of the latest internet threat. I always check here first before sending anything on to the rest of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Today's Day By Day Cartoon